• Help
  • I need help and am over 18 years old

I need help and am over 18 years old

Talk with someone

It can be helpful to share your story with a friend, family member or neighbour. Talking about it with someone close to you is a first, important step. More people than you may expect are probably willing to help. You can let off steam with this person, and ask them to join you when going to a care organisation.

Contact your family doctor

Do you need help with the way you behave or feel? Then contact your family doctor. He or she is bound by professional secrecy, which means you can tell him or her anything and they can't tell anyone else without your permission. The family doctor can assess which kind of help you need and where you can get it.

Chat or call 113Online (if you're thinking about suicide)

It's not easy to talk about your thoughts or feelings about committing suicide. You may think someone will judge you for them, that someone may feel frightened, or may act like it's not a serious problem. The people at 113Online let you speak freely and take you seriously. 113Online is open for calls 24/7 at 0900 0113. Crisis chat is open on Monday to Friday from 10 am until 10.30 pm and on weekends from 12 am until 10.30 pm.

Emergency? Contact the police

If you are in direct need now, there is only one option: call 112, the national emergency number. This number is intended only for emergencies.

Share this page through:
Leave a comment

Do you feel we can improve this page? Is something missing? Can't find what you're looking for?
Please let us know!